Thursday, September 29, 2016

Monday (9-26)
Bacon and Eggs for breakfast – life is good and nothing seems to brighten your day like the smell of frying bacaon.  
Hard not to take a bunch of pictures

Token selfie


Broke camp and decided to head south to glacier point but on the way to the turn (angelic cord) I found the showers.   Hot shower and fresh clothes makes for one happy camper. 

Glacier point is one heck of a view:



Unfortunately the Mariposa grove of giant trees was closed for renovation, so I was out of Yosemite and heading south the Sequoia National Forest. 


The drive down to Fresno was a quick lesson in why you try to stay above 5000 feet.  Pulling into Fresno the temperature gauge was showing 100 degrees.  It was fairly dry so tolerable but it spurred me to get my Walmart spree completed as fast as possible and head for the hills.   I drove out hwy 180 out towards  the high country with my eye on getting to a campground in Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Forest.  I ended up staying in Azalea campground  in Kings Canyong National Park which was an easy choice as it was getting towards dark (a reoccurring theme – get you butt to a campsite by late afternoon!). 
King's Canyon campsite with now to familiar Bear box

No comments:

Post a Comment