Saturday, September 24, 2016

Friday:

Up and early to get into Sacramento by 9am – that was the plan anyway.  After the day before “Grapes of Wrath” dust storm I did not get as far up 395 as I had planned.  I intended to get to South Lake Tahoe on Friday, but ran out of juice (boy needs his rest) so stopped in Bishop, CA. 

The drive to Sacramento was very pretty as I drove by Mono Lake.   It was just getting light but here is a google image (bizare):
Here is a quick sunrise photo:


I was only a couple hundred miles away and I could not understand why the GPS thought I would make it by 11am.  In my mind 10am was more like it, but then came highway 89.  It is a beautiful yet crazy uphill winding road through the mountains and I conceded to the GPS that I would not make it by 10am.   This road reminds me of the trip up to Sierra Blanca ski area in Ruiduso with an added curvy kick for good measure. 







Wait a minute a straight part of hwy 89






Sacramento, CA stuck in traffic



All Terrain camper  boys get to work pictures and shop pictures.





(angelic cord) There it is the All Terrain Ocelot:






We have a problem here:
Just like checking the zipper on a new pair of pants, I was checking all the  doors, locks, buttons, etc and discovered we have a problem.  The door dead bolt lock was misaligned and would not engage.  After several adjustment attempts, it was determined that the door was defective (they source these doors from another company).  So lucky me I got a new door which happens to be a better door because they have changed companies.  So bolts and screws came off and soon the new door along with a new all terrain camper sticker as on the camper ready to roll.  During the door swap, Marty gave me a tour of the factory showing all the steps, materials, and techniques used to build the camper.  This was very cool and geeky enough for me a ask many questions (mom would be proud).

Well all of this change excitement caused another slight issue – I would be late getting out of town.  So I experienced Sacramento rush hour on my way to fill up the propane tank and get out of town.  Next problem – where to go – so I headed out highway 80 towards Reno with no real plan or objective.  A couple missteps here and there put me after dark finding a camp site.  The irony of the name was perfect as I  happened upon Greenhorn campsite.









Time to move in a different direction – stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment