Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Thursday (9-29)  Barstow to Littlefield

Road trip across the desert, through Las Vegas and on into Arizona.
Barstow to Littlefield
Viva Las Vegas
Concentrated Solar Farm just out of Mesquite, NV
Token Vegas Hotel Sign shot while driving through
Did not see the Hillary Tower



Pretty much a travel day, but karma smiled as I started looking for campsites and found one just outside Littlefield,  Littlefield, AZ that is.  Being a 20 yr Littlefield TX alum, I thought this is a sign and stopped for the night.  Beautiful Palo Duro Canyon looking place. 




Ria soaking in the sunset


Before dark, I met my neighbor at this campsite.  His name was Gordon and they actually lived in a nearby town but decided to stop for the night.  I noticed him staring at the peak in the pictures above.  He then related how when he was a younger man he once climbed to the top of it and he was trying to recall the route he had taken.  I was impressed and said I would probably take the stair step route going right to left.  He remarked "hmmm that would probably be the best route but thats not what I did".   He was a nice fellow traveling with his wife and cat.  He gave me some hints about Zion and I called it a night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment