Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Friday:

Broke camp in Littlefield and headed towards Zion National Park.


St George is a nice town and I stopped at the Black Bear Diner for an excellent breakfast.  I decided I needed to find a small step stool / ladder in the event I needed to put my rain flaps on the outside windows of the camper.  When the top is up the windows are pretty high up and I would not be able to put on the rain flaps just standing there if needed.  So quick trip to Lowe's in St George, quick stop at Starbucks to do some internet and then I was off with sights on Zion.  But no, I spotted the Black Bear Diner and had to stop for a big breakfast - a wanderer needs his fuel.


Spent the day cruising around Zion National Park in "drive by tourist mode"  Would love to do some hiking, but I would need to board Ria or work out some sort of  stash her in the camper deal which either one was practical.









Blessed by the Freedoms this flag symbolizes



All the campsites in Zion were full, so I went the BLM (bureau of land management) option.  I headed out a dirt road into the BLM land and worked my way up a road to a high mesa.  It turned out to be one of my better campsites.  I ran into some mountain biking folks who were enjoying the setting sun and continued on up the road until I ran into some pretty serious mud.  That was a sign that I had gone far enough and the view dictated that this should be the spot. 



The sunset was incredible


RIA enjoying her Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment